We are now beginning to contact funders outside our community to help fulfill our project
We need our donors to help us implement our 5-year plan, any contribution to meet our
goal and impact our drive for communal capitalism. Community capitalism is an approach to
capitalism that prioritizes the well-being and sustainability of the community—allowing resources,
education, accountability, and transparency to help stakeholders improve their lives through business
An overview of our general fundraising history throughout the years.
- Started in 2002 by members residing in the United States, Japan, Europe, and the Arigu community.
- Registration as a 501(c)(3) organization, beginning in 2006 dedicated to science, charity, education, general economic literacy.
- Members decided after multiple meetings only to fund-raise once adequate education of the community is achieved. Thus all members’ contributions from 2006 to 2011 concentrated on paying school fees for all tertiary education.
- In 2011, USAID approved UTAP’s initial level of our innovative project. The
funding ensured registration as a nonprofit in the target country (Ghana). A study was then
initiated to ensure that the educational, community staffing, and knowledge were in place before proceeding with the process. This was all achieved in 2021 in our aims to culminate continuity, succession, and knowledge concerning our communities area to help achieve our goal of becoming a model for the entire semi-arid Africa region.
- UTAP is beginning to move forward with our over a decade endeavor through beginning our fundraising process as a nonprofit from November 2022 and on wards.
- All prospective funders are welcome to ask questions; call or email any members on our
website regarding inquiries or concerns. Transparency and accountability are our adages.